Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gtk3.0 for Windows : Learning to contribute

Contacted the community about how to start to contribute to GTK+ for windows and in the rply, I was asked to compile the GTK+ bundle. Probably upto Gtk+3.6.4, there were no important glitches so, I compiled that easily. Link to get the archive is : http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/gtk3_build_system/

There's a readme that tells how to do that. I got that easily and reported back about my work. 
One thing to note is that, its missed to mention in readme that we have to copy all the folders, except bin, of archive to our new folder, for my case: C:\gtk .

Then, I proceded to successing versions i.e 3.8 and 3.10. The 3.8 version compiled fine. But 3.10 has glitches. 

When I ran the first command i.e pkg-config, I got the following error: 


C:\gtk10>pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0
Package gtk+-3.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-3.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gtk+-3.0' found


It occurs when the bin folder is not added to the path (but, I had already added). So, there's a bug here (I think). 

Tried to find the source code, but was unable to find. So have asked community for help to get the source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment